Thursday, May 14, 2009

14 May Good Samaritans

today my banker called me the 5th time this week, trying to push a product. The last call she was trying to sell Equity Linked Notes on Citigroup with 80% downside. If stock price above purchase, I get a good yield like 10%/annum. If it falls below 80% of purchase price, I would have to buy the stock itself.

I.e. if it falls below 2.8 (3.5 now), I would become a Citigroup shareholder. Truly honored.

Come to think of it, the Good Samaritans (GS) with their programmed buying has created a great environment for
(a) bank products sales, at least banks have a reason to retain their employees.
(b) government started to sell land (e.g. a successful sale by HK government last week).
(c) many IPOs launched in China, including some big ones
(d) flood of secondary stock offerings by banks
(e) corporate bonds issues
(f) pump prices start rising

In a nutshell, a flurry of activities. And many people calling bottoms. calling Green Shoots, Glimmer of hope, etc.

The problem is, I am still looking for a job and not even an interview. Think I would leave it to the Good Samaritans to save the world.

Hope they do more so that companies start spending on projects and be more generous with pay. Am ernestly waiting........

My Good Samaritan.

No comments: